Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.In This Week's Paw Print:
1. Principal's Message📬
2. Return to School Dates🗓️
3. Return to School Parent Meeting dates🗓️
4. In Person Expectations for students 👍
5. Library curb side checkout information📚
6. PTA Doughraiser information🍕
7. Rising 7th grade Tdap requirement❗
8. Panther Praise Staff Recognition Form👏
9. Technology Help Information💻
Dear Poplar Tree Families,
We hope you had a great week! It warmed our hearts to welcome some of our kindergarten students back into the building. The students were most excited to see Mr. Thompson, one of our PE teachers, in person, and they also had great fun playing "green light, right light" during recess. We all need to remember to find the joy like our kindergartners 🙂.
Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend!
Assistant PrincipalReturn to School Dates
For families that selected in-person instruction for their children, the following are the dates our students will return:
March 9 Students in Grades 1 and 2
**Asynchronous Days for Students: March 4 & 5**
March 16 Students in Grades 3-6
**Asynchronous Days for Students: March 11 & 12**Return to School Parent Meetings
For families that have students returning to the school building, we invite you to attend the following parent meeting:
For 3-6 grade families
Thursday, March 4 at 6:30 pm using this link.
📹For 1st & 2nd grade families, who missed the parent meeting on February 25, you can watch the recording here.
Our Paw Tech Squad students worked to create videos sharing our expectations for those students who will return to in person learning at Poplar Tree! See the videos and learn more about the expectations on our school website HERE!Library Curbside Checkout
The next Grab n’ Go curbside library book pickup at Poplar Tree will be on Monday, March 15 from 1-3pm. Families who are interested can fill out the book request form and a personalized book bundle will be created just for you with the latest and greatest from the Poplar Tree Library!
Log into Google Apps with a student login, then click the link below to fill out the form:
Virginia Law requires that all students entering seventh grade receive a booster dose of the Tdap vaccine prior to the beginning of school. The Tdap vaccine protects against tetanus (lockjaw), diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough) and is usually given around the age of eleven.
For your child to begin 7th grade you will need to submit one of the following documents before the first day of school. It is recommended that all paperwork be submitted to the school office by July 31, 2021.
Acceptable documentation can be one of the following:
- A copy of your child’s immunization record showing the Tdap vaccine.
- A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the date the Tdap vaccine was given.
- A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption.
- A notarized Religious Exemption Form which is available online at:
The Tdap booster is available from your child’s healthcare provider or the Fairfax County Health Department. The Health Department Clinic locations and hours are available online at: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/clinics or by calling 703-246-2411. Please note that students receiving immunizations at the Health Department must be accompanied by an adult and should bring their immunization records with them.
Seventh grade students will not be allowed to begin school in August 2021 without submitting proper documentation.Poplar Tree Staff Panther Praise!
We are starting a new online tradition here at Poplar Tree that gives the community the opportunity to say thank you and/or show appreciation for all of the effort the Poplar Tree Staff is putting in day and night! We will share these praises with the staff members. To submit a Staff Panther Praise, please fill out this form!Thank you for helping to recognize our amazing staff! Tech Help Info
We know that as we move through Virtual Learning, technology issues arise. If you're having trouble with your FCPS laptop, here's a few things to try:
- Restart your computer! (We have found that this solves MANY of our problems - including those microphone, camera, and sound issues!)
- Visit this webpage to checkout some self-help guides!
- FCPS has launched a new Parent Technology Help Desk. The help desk can be reached at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS) and will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week.
- If you still cannot get your laptop working, students and/or parents can submit an IT support ticket to get help with district digital resources or your FCPS issued laptop. Find the portal here.