Poplar Tree Family Engagement Survey Results
For the first time, Fairfax County Public Schools conducted a division-wide Family Engagement Survey. The survey was administered March 24 – April 12, 2019 to all families with students in grades K-12.
All families in FCPS were asked to provide their feedback on their engagement at their child’s school to address the following topics:
- Welcoming environment
- Student success
- Family and school partnerships
- Collaboration with the community
We are proud that families at Poplar Tree reported:
- 96 percent feel the school is safe.
- 96 percent feel there are opportunities to volunteer at school.
- 94 percent feel the school welcomes families of different backgrounds and cultures.
- 94 percent feel their child feels safe at school.
- 93 percent feel their child connects to and trusts at least one caring adult at the school.
The feedback provided will help us strengthen family engagement and continue to foster a Caring Culture.